- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne peppe
- 7 lb Boston Butt Roast, boneless or bone-in
- 1/2 cup Dry Rub ( 15 minutes per lb.)
- 1 cup of Swett baby Keith's BBQ sauce.
- 1.5 cups of Red wine or Chicken broth. I used a cheap Red wine.
- Trim fat from the roast
- Add dry rub ingredients in a large bowl . Add pork roast and coat well.
- Set Instant pot to saute add 2 Tbsp of bold hickory smoke olive oil to the Instant Pot. Once it indicates hot, add Roast. Sear all sides for about 3 minutes each. Remove pork and set aside on a plate.
- Once pork is seared removed from the pot, press cancel and add about 1/4 cup of the red wine or chicken broth. Use a wooden spoon and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Make sure to scrape up all the bits. Then add remaining liquid.
- Place Roast on the Tant Attack or on a Trivet. Place Roast in the pot. Secure lid and make sure vent is set to sealing. Set pot to Pressure cook or manual at high pressure for 105 minutes ( 1:45 minutes) 15 minutesper lb.Then let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes or until pin drops.
- Remove the roast into a large bowl and shred with 2 forks. Add swett baby Keith's BBQ sauce as desired.
- Now you are good to go. Place Bbq on a warm bun.
Kooking with Keith 'LLC